Photos by Ross Hamamura/SONY
Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival: May 21, 2017 (Sunday)
REGISTRATION* STARTS SOON! Check back for details!
*RELAY REGISTRATION: Relay registration is a TWO-PART process that involves the creation of a team and then the registration of its members.
Part 1: TEAM CREATION ==> The Relay Team Captain creates a team, determines the team category (i.e. Open Male, Open Female, Corporate, Youth, Student, etc.) and can pay for the entire team OR pays for himself/herself. One person can captain multiple teams. If the Team Captain is planning to run on his/her team, he/she must also register as a member on the team.
Part 2: TEAM MEMBER REGISTRATION ==> Once the Team Captain has created a team, members can join that team. To register as a member go through the same registration link, but choose "Join a team". If the team captain created a password protected team, he/she needs to let the members know that password. Each Member will need to make payment if Team Captain has not paid for the entire team in advance. Once all members have joined a team, that team name will no longer show in the drop down box of available teams. If a team captain wishes to delete or replace members from a team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: An original design Honolulu Ekiden T-shirt, commemorative medallion for all official finishers, and post-race refreshments & entertainment. Your entry fee will also include entry into the nighttime concert.
CANCELLATIONS: Your entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Open Male: Team must consist of all male participants
- Open Female: Team must consist of all female participants
- Open Co-ed: Team must consist of a minimum of one male and one female participant
- The Masters: Team must consist of members with sum of ages equal to or more than 300
- Kama'aina: Team members must be residents of the State of Hawaii on race day
- Family/Ohana: Team must consist of participants who are immediate or distant family members
- Corporate: Team must consist of members from the same organization
- Youth: Team must consist of six participants with the sum of ages not more than 88
- Student (Male/Female/Co-ed): Team members can be a combination of middle and/or high school participants
- University or College: Team members must be university or college students on race day
- Heroes: Team members can be a combination of Military, Police, Firefighter, National Guard, Coast Guard, and/or Life Guard participants
- Overall Awards (First, Second, Third place) will be given to the top 3 finishing teams. Team must be six member teams.
- Team Category Awards will be given to the second fastest team if the top finishing team in that category wins the overall award.
- A special "Best Costume" Award will be given to the team with the most creative outfits. The winner will be determined by a panel of judges on race day.
- One award per team.
- Awards will not be mailed. At least one member must be present at the Awards Ceremony on race day to claim award.
(**Contents subject to change without notice.)