Photos by Ross Hamamura/SONY
Honolulu Ekiden & Music Festival: May 21, 2017 (Sunday)
Early Registration* Now Open!!! 9/16/2016 - 12/31/2016
RELAY REGISTRATION*: Relay registration is a TWO-PART process that involves the creation of a team and then the registration of its members.
Part 1: TEAM CREATION ==> The Relay Team Captain creates a team, determines the team category (i.e. Open Male, Open Female, Corporate, Youth, Student, etc.) and can pay for the entire team OR pay for just himself/herself.
Part 2: TEAM MEMBER REGISTRATION ==> Once the Team Captain has created a team, members can join that team in one of the following ways:
- If the Team Captain has not prepaid for team members - members shall go through the same registration link, but choose "Join a Team". The team captain needs to let the members know the password created for them.
- If the Team Captain has prepaid for team members - the Team Captain will send an email invitation to each team member (through Active.com) to join the team. The email will contain a link for member use in completing the prepaid registration.
If a Team Captain wishes to delete or replace members from a team, email email@example.com
*Applicants under 18 years of age must have parent or legal guardian register on their behalf.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: An original design Honolulu Ekiden T-shirt, commemorative medallion for all official finishers, and post-race refreshments & entertainment. Your entry fee will also include entry into the nighttime concert.
CANCELLATIONS: Your entry fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Open Male: Team must consist of all male participants
- Open Female: Team must consist of all female participants
- Open Co-ed: Team must consist of a minimum of one male and one female participant
- The Masters: Team must consist of members with sum of ages equal to or more than 300
- Kama'aina: Team members must be residents of the State of Hawaii on race day
- Family/Ohana: Team must consist of participants who are immediate or distant family members
- Corporate: Team must consist of members from the same organization
- Youth: Team must consist of six participants with the sum of ages equal to or less than 88
- Student (Male/Female/Co-ed): Team members can be a combination of middle and/or high school participants
- University or College: Team members must be university or college students on race day
- Heroes: Team members can be a combination of Military, Police, Firefighter, National Guard, Coast Guard, and/or Life Guard participants
- Overall Awards (First, Second, Third place) will be given to the top 3 finishing teams. Team must be six member teams.
- Team Category Awards will be given to the second fastest team if the top finishing team in that category wins the overall award.
- A special "Best Costume" Award will be given to the team with the most creative outfits. The winner will be determined by a panel of judges on race day.
- One award per team.
- Awards will not be mailed. At least one member must be present at the Awards Ceremony on race day to claim award.
(**Contents subject to change without notice.)